This page highlights resources, events and funding to support OYUnited and Community Action Team members and leaders during and after the COVID-19 Crisis.
To add resources, email CaitlinK@sparkaction.org.
COVID-19 Resource Sheet for OYUnited
This is a dynamic, collaborative sheet to share resources among the OYUnited & youth organizing community. It includes events and opportunities, funding opportunities, general resources and supports, and a space for community asks.
For edit access, please contact: email@example.com.
This list of curated trainings focuses areas where our community has specifically requested support & resources, and will be updated weekly on Mondays. For a full list of upcoming events, see the OYUnited Resource Sheet.
Digital Organizing & Events
- September 23rd at 2:00 PM ET: Introduction to Project Budgets- Live Webinar
- Recording: A Call to Action: Youth, Young Adults, and Allies’ Community Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Recording: Roosevelt Institute Digital Organizing Training Webinar
- September 22nd at 12:00 PM ET: The Land Isn’t Barren: Disrupting the Dehumanization of Our
- Recording: Policy Supports for Afterschool and Summer Programs during the Pandemic
- Recording: The Role of Nonprofits in Racial Equity and Policing
- October 6th at 3:00 PM ET: Get Out the Vote: Opportunities to Mobilize People
- Recording: Ending the Triple Pandemic: Advancing Racial Equity by Promoting Health, Economic Opportunity and Criminal Justice Reform
- September 23rd at 2:00 PM: Introduction to Project Budgets- Live Webinar
- Recording: Webinar from the Association of Fundraising Professionals: Fundraising in the Face of COVID-19
Community Action Team Events
Boston: What’s Really Going On
Tuesdays at 3PM ET: A weekly conversation between youth from the community and stakeholders to get answers and solutions about the effects for COVID-19.
This list of curated resources focuses areas where our community has specifically requested support & resources, and will be updated weekly on Mondays. For a full list of resources, see the OYUnited Resource Sheet.
Voter Engagement & GOTV
- COVID-19 and Voting from Vote.org: voter and election information, including COVID-19 related changes, by state
- COVID-19 State Election Changes & Vote-By-Mail Info from Democracy Works: election information, pending legislation, and changes related to COVID-10 and information on vote-by-mail and absentee voting by state
- Examples of Virtual Civic Action Projects: Examples of civic learning projects that can be done virtually, from a teacher who adapted her civics course for a 100% online environment
- Coronavirus Demands a Quantum Leap in Organizing: Ten actionable ways to leverage digital organizing to complement or replace boots-on-the-ground as COVID-19 hits